It’s not always easy to give your wardrobe a makeover each season but you can put together some fresh new ensembles with what you already have! Learning how to coordinate your look using a few basics and eye-catching pieces is the key to staying stylish season after season. You can trade out tops and bottoms that complement each other and add some vintage accessories Here are some easy ways to mix and match your way to amazing outfits with pieces already hanging in your closet:
- Pair solid tees with prints. Solid colored tees are a great basic to have hanging in your closet and can be paired with printed skirts, capris, pants, or even shorts. Just make sure to choose a tee in a complementary color to the bottoms and accentuate your upper half with a vintage necklace or bracelet.
- Dress up khakis. Khaki pants are a closet staple during the warmer months and can be coordinated with a white French-cuff shirt, tee shirts, or camisoles. Go with printed tees or camisoles to add a burst of color this season. Stick with neutral-colored blouses and shirts when you want a more formal look. Wearing khakis with a kitten heel can also dress up an otherwise casual piece in a flash.
- Dress down a pencil skirt. Pencil skirts are great for creating that polished, pulled-together look but you can dress them down with a ruffled blouse or a vintage drapey tee that hangs off the shoulders. Try this look with khaki and colored pencil skirts for days when you want to show off your legs but don’t want to wear shorts.
- Layer your tops. Create a fresh new look by layering a v-neck t-shirt with a tank top or lace camisole underneath. Lace camisoles or sleeveless tops with a ruffled edge are perfect for layering. You can also layer camisoles and sleeveless tops with different styles of tee shirts or long-sleeve shirts. Pick out complementary colors to mix and match different cuts and styles and create a unique look.
- Accessorize with style. Use heirlooms, brooches, and other vintage jewelry to highlight your best body parts and draw attention away from your problem areas. Use scarves, oversized rings, or a set of bracelets to really make your look stand apart from the pack. Don’t forget about those designer handbags? A classic purse, satchel, or handbag can be the main focus of your outfit and really bring everything together.
- Add texture and shine. Pair sequined and textured pieces with your basics to create a whole new outfit. Remember you don’t want to add too much shine and texture from head to toe. Keep it subtle to create a chic and fashionable look that is truly your own creation. Remember that accessories decked out in sequins, beads, or metallic fabrics can also help your look stand apart from the pack.
Author Bio: Aileen Pablo is part of the team behind Open Colleges, one of Australia’s leading providers of TAFE Courses equivalent and Beauty therapy Courses. When not working, Aileen blogs about beauty and is often invited as a speaker in Personality Development Seminars in the Philippines.
Thanks for stopping by,