- My rather expensive leak in the roof is actually phenomenally expensive as it turns out at least 4 of 8 chimneys in one stack collapsed around ten years ago and nobody thought to fix them (!)
- My friend, Kay, had a little baby girl called Jasmine and I was one of her birthing partners, despite being phobic of hospitals and doctors and needles. I'm not sure who was more traumatised, me or her!
- I've been in talks with a television company filming a home renovation programme about them coming and redecorating my house, hence the sudden urgent need to rid every wall and ceiling of wood chip wallpaper. Unfortunately I'm on hold with them at the moment due to the house they were going to pair me with falling through so it may not happen at all
- My beloved laptop, MacLeod, has pretty much keeled over since the upgrade I performed. I think he's just too old and too full of coal dust to keep running smoothly any longer but he was in danger of being thrown out a window so my lovely parents intervened and bought me a brand spanking new iMac desktop that I have named Jarvis (for he has a lovely deep voice with an English accent). No more crashing, no more swirly wheel of death, hello internet! Now I just have to start paying them back, eep!
- My dining room table is back (i.e. covered in normal crap as opposed to stacked with four bookcases worth of books) and my lounge is habitable (shame about the rest of the house) but still barely being used. I foolishly turned off my central heating a few weeks back then removed the radiators downstairs* in preparation for a wood burning stove and a new rad (which I don't have yet) and didn't re-fill the system so I now can't use the central heating no matter how cold it gets (again I say eep!)
Thanks for stopping by,
* I say I, what I meant was 'helped** by very kind local builders who took pity on me'
** And by helped I mean they did everything while I fluttered uselessly about and made tea